The Spanish lamination Company (CELSA) is a family-owned Catalan steel company belonging to the Rubiralta family. It was founded on 1967 and is headquartered in Catellbisbal.
1. ENERGY STORAGE
- CO2 capture technology for the furnaces.
- Improvement of the consumption of natural gas of the kilns of the plants of lamination of the group.
- Improvement of the energy efficiency of the magnetic arc furnace (EAF).
- NEW: Products/materials/systems/compositions that improve the consumption in furnaces of both steelworks and scrap metal.
- Use of the heat dissipated in the transport of products during the process (energy that we extract from the water when cooling the parts that come from the wash).
- Reuse of cooling wash water.
2. TREACEABILITY IN THE SUPPLY CHAIN
We should start working the full flow from the customer’s point of view. We need to understand what brings value to the customer and we have many gaps in which we need to implement concrete solutions:
- Planning Phase:
Proactive notice to the client of any modification that has undergone his order
- Delivery Phase generation:
Once the delivery has been generated, be able to indicate to the customer exactly when you will receive your order
- Transport phase
Tool/Communication system that allows communication with the carrier, bearing in mind that it works for a third party outside the group
3. PROCESS AUTOMATION AND OPTIMIZATION
- Dashboards of control of homogeneous and interconnected parameters in the plant
- Automated labelling system for steel products
- Virtual safety guards for plant. Remote control solution for mechanical, electrical and production surveillance
- Preventative maintenance: System that allows an automated parameter check and alerts only when the variables are out of control
- Safety devices that reduce risk in the plant
4. SMART STEEL
Currently on the market, if we talk about adding characteristics to steel, it is more valuable to solve the corrosion that is a recurrent problem.
- Development of a method that improves the behaviour of steel against corrosion, either by a superficial treatment, or chemical composición, etc.
5. CIRCULAR ECONONOMY
- Improvement in the consumption of natural resources: natural gas, (perhaps better located in energy)
- Lengthen the life of the natural resources
- Classification and management of waste
- Reuse of sub-products as raw material, either in our industry, or revendiéndolos to organisms or other industries.
Celsa GroupTM wants to bet hard for innovation. We understand that if we want to be leaders in customer solutions around steel we have to address new ways, new ways of working to overcome the current challenges of the sector and we must also guide them.